Winter in Minnesota
Submitted by Jennie Hakes
We welcome submissions for Foto Friday. Check out the Guidelines here.
CSDEA 2014 Year End highlights
Supported members – riders – facility owners
- A Facilities Development Program grant supported the construction of a water complex at a member-owned equestrian facility.
- The annual CSDEA Dressage Festival & Championship attracts more than 150 competitor and spectators as well as generates $5,000 in net revenue for the organization.
- Awarded scholarships (average - $100) to members to support their participation in educational clinics.
- Advanced the education of 20 young riders through the Junior Developing Rider Program.
- Sponsored five riding clinics and two unmounted clinics, including nationally recognized trainers/competitors/leaders Jennifer Truett and Paul Belasik.
- Honored more than 100 competing members with CSDEA Year End Awards.
- Fall Tack Swap raised $44,000 - 85 percent returned to consignors - with the remainder supporting area pony clubs and CSDEA programs. (2014 Spring Tack Swap cancelled due to EHV-1 outbreak.)
- Cross Country article recognized with a 2014 USDF General Membership Organization (GMO) Newsletter Award: Best General Interest Article.
- Produced yearly Omnibus directory of horse shows and trials, schooling shows and clinic.
- The website, CSDEA.org, provides valuable resources and tools for members and non-members throughout the region.
- Represented the interests of our region at the national annual meetings of the United States Dressage Federation and the United States Eventing Association.