CSDEA 2014 Year End highlights
Supported members – riders – facility owners
- A Facilities Development Program grant supported the construction of a water complex at a member-owned equestrian facility.
- The annual CSDEA Dressage Festival & Championship attracts more than 150 competitor and spectators as well as generates $5,000 in net revenue for the organization.
- Awarded scholarships (average - $100) to members to support their participation in educational clinics.
- Advanced the education of 20 young riders through the Junior Developing Rider Program.
- Sponsored five riding clinics and two unmounted clinics, including nationally recognized trainers/competitors/leaders Jennifer Truett and Paul Belasik.
- Honored more than 100 competing members with CSDEA Year End Awards.
- Fall Tack Swap raised $44,000 - 85 percent returned to consignors - with the remainder supporting area pony clubs and CSDEA programs. (2014 Spring Tack Swap cancelled due to EHV-1 outbreak.)
- Cross Country article recognized with a 2014 USDF General Membership Organization (GMO) Newsletter Award: Best General Interest Article.
- Produced yearly Omnibus directory of horse shows and trials, schooling shows and clinic.
- The website, CSDEA.org, provides valuable resources and tools for members and non-members throughout the region.
- Represented the interests of our region at the national annual meetings of the United States Dressage Federation and the United States Eventing Association.
Nominations Are Open for 2014 Volunteer of the Year
Since 1989, CSDEA has recognized an exceptional volunteer for his or her commitment and contributions to the association through the Von Bluecher Award.. Max Von Bluecher was one of the founding members of CSDEA and an icon in the eventing and dressage community of the Midwest. We are now seeking nominations from the membership for this year's award.
Do you know a member who has gone above and beyond the call of duty this year for CSDEA? If so, send your nomination to Erin Owen. Please include an explanation of why you think this person deserves to be recognized. The winner of the Von Bluecher trophy will be announced at the annual January banquet.
Read complete details here.
CSDEA Membership Year is Changing
Our membership year is changing to match the USDF and USEA membership years, which run from December 1 to November 30.
After you log in, click on the Renew message in the upper-right hand corner. If you do not renew, your membership will expire on December 31, 2014. Please remember to log in because the website doesn't know who you are until you do! Renew now before the hustle and bustle of the holidays puts it on the bottom of your to-do list!
New members, if you join now, your dues will carry you through the rest of this year through November 2015.
Questions? Problems? Contact Rachel or Ginger.